Whether you’re looking for replacement windows or doors, remodeling a room, or building your dream home from the ground up, here are 5 steps to help guide you toward the best choice for your home projects:
- Gather inspiration. Visit sites like Houzz and Pinterest for photos, ideas and tips that can help inspire your next great space.
- Do your research. Stop by a home improvement store, a window and door manufacturer’s showroom or a home show to see the different window styles and door styles up close.
- Set a budget. Home projects are an investment. Prioritizing the features and options that matter most to you can help narrow your search for the windows and doors that suit your budget.
- Work with an expert. Regardless of whether you’ll do the job on your own, it helps to talk with a home improvement store rep, independent contractor or manufacturer’s installer.
- Enjoy the view. New windows and doors are one of the smartest investments you can make in your home. So stop and appreciate the new views, energy efficiency and comforts they bring.