Get the biggest bang for your home improvement buck.
You’ll have a hard time finding a project that brings as many benefits – and stretches your investment dollar farther – than new windows. Here are some of the benefits you’ll start enjoying from day one:
- Increased home value. New windows can return homeowners 71 to 78 percent of the project cost upon resale.36
- Enhanced safety and security. Windows that don’t open easily or are painted shut are more than just an annoyance – they can be a safety hazard, for example when trying to escape during a fire.
- Reduced dust and allergens. Blinds and shades tucked between the panes of glass stay protected from dust, helping to reduce allergens in your home.
- Improved comfort. Energy-efficient, well-sealed windows can help reduce cold drafts and hot spots in your home.
- Improved energy efficiency. New windows can reduce wear on your furnace and air conditioner, helping you save money by improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- More peace and quiet. Insulating frames and triple-pane glass help reduce the noise from traffic, lawn mowers and barking dogs.
- An enhanced view. New windows can dramatically improve the beauty of your home – inside and out.
- Less time spent cleaning. Today’s windows are designed with convenient features like sashes that tilt in – making it easier to clean places that used to be harder to reach.