Determining a Budget
7 things that affect your window cost
These factors will help determine the cost of your project.
It's difficult to estimate the cost of your project until a professional can see your home, assess the right installation type and understand your specific needs. In the meantime, use the information below to compare features and options that will affect your project budget.
- Style. Choose from a variety of window styles, including casement, double-hung, bay or bow, awning and more. You'll want to pick one that fits your home, region and lifestyle needs.
- Material. Wood, vinyl or fiberglass – each has its own unique benefits. Do your research to find the right material for your home.
- Features and options. Similar to how choosing accessories for a new car can affect its price, selecting optional features for your windows can impact your project cost.
- Size of project and product. Are you replacing a single window or are you considering a whole-house replacement? Do you want oversized windows? The project cost will vary depending on the size of your project and products needed.
- Installation. While DIY may seem like a cost-effective approach, you should consider your expertise before trying to tackle the project on your own. Research installation methods.
- Warranty. A good warranty will help protect your investment – and should come standard. Become familiar with warranties (link to warranty) to understand what will be covered should an issue arise with the product or installation.
- Location. Installation prices may vary based on where you live.
Controlling your project costs
Some easy ways to save your hard-earned money.
While there are many factors that affect the cost of your new windows or doors, you can easily find ways to keep your budget in check.
Complete your project in phases.
If you have more than one window or door to replace, it might make sense to tackle the job in phases. Not only does splitting up the project help spread the cost over time, it also minimizes disruption to your home when it’s time for installation.
Check our special offers.
Pella West Michigan offers special promotions & financing options that help you spread the cost of your project over time. These types of offers are typically only available for a limited time.