Entry Doors Grand Rapids
8 benefits of new doors
Get the biggest bang for your home improvement buck.
You’ll have a hard time finding a project that brings as many benefits – and stretches your investment dollar farther – than new doors. Here are some of the benefits you’ll start enjoying from day one:
- Increased home value. New doors can return homeowners 71 to 78 percent of the project cost upon resale.
- Enhanced safety and security. Doors with multipoint locks are harder to break through than those with only one lock.
- Reduced dust and allergens. Blinds and shades tucked between the panes of glass stay protected from dust, helping to reduce allergens in your home.
- Improved comfort. Energy-efficient, well-sealed windows can help reduce cold drafts and hot spots in your home.
- Improved energy efficiency. A new door can keep your furnace and air conditioner from running as much, helping you save money by improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- More peace and quiet. Insulating frames and triple-pane glass help reduce the noise from traffic, lawn mowers and barking dogs.
- An enhanced view. New doors can dramatically improve the beauty of your home – inside and out.
- Less time spent cleaning. Today's doors are designed with convenient features that make it easier to clean places that used to be harder to reach.
How to choose the right door
5 things to think about as you shop.
A patio or entry door plays an important role in framing the moments that matter to you most, making every day a little brighter and more comfortable. With a wide variety of styles available, you can choose the right one for your home.
As you start shopping, consider these five things to help you focus your search:
- Lifestyle. Keep the people, places and things in your life in mind as you shop for a new door. Need to keep blinds and shades out of reach of little hands or paws? Do you redecorate frequently? Is there a particular view you’d like to preserve or create? And what about regional considerations – does your area see extreme temperatures?
- Budget. Until you have a particular product and installation method in mind, it’s hard to estimate your total cost. When you’re ready to start planning your budget, schedule an in-home consultation to get a better idea of what a new door will cost.
- Material types. It's important to consider the material type of your door. Here are the most popular options:
- Wood creates a warm, natural look and can be stained or painted to complement your home’s style.
- Fiberglass is proven to protect your home against extreme heat and cold, while also offering the look of a painted wood window.
- Vinyl offers added energy efficiency, low-maintenance and affordable quality.
- Steel entry doors provide exceptional durability that protects your home against the elements.
- Styles. You’ll be able to choose from a variety of styles, including hinged, French and sliding doors. If you’re not sure which one to choose, don’t worry – an expert can help match you with the right door.
- Features and options. You can personalize your door with options that bring added beauty and performance. Try out different stains and finishes, add stylish nickel hardware, or select a patio door with blinds, shades or grilles tucked between the panes of glass.
Talk with a door expert
When you’re ready, let the professionals come to you.
Shopping for patio and entry doors isn’t something most people do every day. That’s why it’s important to talk with a professional who can help make sure your project goes off without a hitch.
An in-home appointment is a great place to start. Think of it as shopping from the comfort of your home. Your representative will ask you what you’re looking for in a door, show you samples and take the necessary measurements. Once that’s done, they’ll have the information needed to provide you with a quote. The quote and the visit are free schedule yours today!